Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIP - HGUC Sazabi



Documenting my entry on last years GPH Build Off. Well I decided to get the HGUC Version of Sazabi based on reviews, the articulation and plastic quality of this kit is far more superior than its MG Counterpart.

HGUC Sazabi, Unboxing, WIP, Sazabi 1/144
the box art

HGUC Sazabi , 1/144
Paint to be use: Tamiya-Chrome Silver-Gold Leaf-Gun Metal


Managed to grab hold of cheap water slides at the mall, got it for only 100php instead of 250php.



HGUC Sazabi

A large box means lots of runners, not bad for an HG 1/144, roughly it has a total of 14 runners, correct me if I'm wrong thou.

When i first examined the kit from the runners, i noticed they were some plastic mold imperfection patterns on some of the noticeable parts espcially the big ones. Sanded the mold patterns then applied Tamiya compound: Course-Fine then buffed with cloth and a toothbrush.


WIP HGUC Sazabi, SAzabi 1/144, HGUC Sazabi
Those Mold patterns

WIP HGUC Sazabi, SAzabi 1/144, HGUC Sazabi
      Sanded with grit 800
   

Sanded with grit 1000



Sanded with Grit 2000


 Sanding does not totally eliminate the stress marks that the part received from progressive sanding, especially the colored parts, this is when Tamiya Compound will work it's magic.


Tamiya Compound, Coarse

Applied Tamiya Coarse (red cap)

Buff with Cloth
 They were some left over stress marks if you will look at the piece closely, so 2nd polishing using Tamiya Compound-Fine is applied.

Tamiya Compund, Fine
Applied Tamiya Fine (blue cap)

Tamiya Compundc
Buff with cloth and toothbrush to remove the excess dust particles.

Tadannn! Works like a charm. Not a trace of nub marks and mold patterns detected.


Tamiya Course, WIP HGUC Sazabi

The same process were applied on the other pieces to ensure smooth semi gloss finish.




I've originally took shots from my digicam, sadly the memory card got infected and I wasn't able to save the pictures, good thing I took a couple of pictures using my cellphone.





Painted the waist cable with Tamiya Gold leaf, same paints were also applied on the yellow parts, thrusters,funnels and the psuedo frame. Also I used Tamiya Gun metal and Aluminum silver on the pseudo frame and etc. Apologies I haven't quite documented it properly due to time lapses. :(



HGUC Sazabi Waterslide Decal


So far, so good. Snap all the parts together, and now the decal application part.



At first my initial plan is to light the whole thing up using white and blue LED's, due to time constrains and my anxiety to bore holes on the kit I decided to light the mono eye instead.

LED HGUC Sazabi
LED Mod

Managed to grab hold sets of green leds and button batteries, I cut a portion of the back skirt using a hobby knife - this will  be the storage of the switch and the battery. 



HGUC Sazabi, LED, LED HGUC Sazabi

ITSS ALLIVVVVEEEE!!!

The original mono eye piece given was replace by the bulb head of the 3mm green LED, looking good :)




It'll proably lame to see the funnels not in action, Improvised the materials to be used, grabbed some stock of tie wires (the one used in toy boxes to keep the figure in place at the box) and butterfly syringe (the one used in dextrose)






Using my trusted hobby knife, I peeled the outer layer of the tie wire.




Cut the transparent tube given on the syringe and inserted the peeled tie wire. The tie wire will serve as the main base of the the syringe.




A little of a portion on the end of the tie wire is left unpeeled, this will serve as the connectors of the funnel storage.

HGUC Sazabi, Sazabi 1/144
Snap fit - looking good :)



I haven't took a formal photography on this kit,  I hope i can buy a photo shoot tent soon.Here are some shots taken during the competition.



HGUC Sazabi, Sazabi 1/144
Funellss GOOO!!!

HGUC Sazabi, Sazabi 1/144


HGUC Sazabi, Sazabi 1/144


HGUC Sazabi, Sazabi 1/144


HGUC Sazabi, Sazabi 1/144


HGUC Sazabi, Sazabi 1/144




Fun Fun Fun build, was happy for myself that I've make it before the deadline. I had fun detailing this one, this is a must get kit especially when your a big fan of the Red Comet. :) I'm still eyeing thou if i'll get the HGUC Nu Gundam or the MG ver ka one. Sieg Zeon! XD







1 comment:

  1. Hi Gani,
    Do you have any advises for installing LED units in gundam (not mono eye) head scale 1/144?

    ReplyDelete